Saturday 20 November 2010

Away Day

It's been a busy week, or rather parts have been busy and the rest seems so.

The Organic inspection went well, no slapped wrists, just record more stuff next time and more forms to fill.
That night we went to see Red at the cinema, we almost decided we couldnt be bothered, but having organised babysitting we had to go. It was a good movie that we both enjoyed, since I admit to having a huge crush on Bruce Willis, I am not the most impartial of critics but it also starred Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Morgan Freeman and was funny. There are not many films I feel inspired to watch these days, no horror, no tragic endings, nothing too clever or too stupid, no boy meets girl. I like the Bond films, the Bourne trilogy and the Die Hard films, not sure what this says about me as a well balanced adult but Hey Ho.

On wednesday I left the children all ready for school, clutching their lunchboxes, for R to drop off, while I wizzed over to Crewe and got on a train to London to meet up with my sister. We had a lovely time, mostly talking with some eating and drinking, a small amount of shopping, mostly looking and lots of walking around London.
We started on Marylebone High St, home of Scandium and Divertimenti, then Piccadilly and Fortmun and Masons to buy their Fortmason Tea, we also had the most expensive cup of tea I have bought in my life and though it was good tea it was not that good! Then Covent Garden which I used to like 20 yrs ago but now dont, and finally a bar where we drank and ate till it was time to wend our respective ways home. I got home at 10.30pm, and as it had been rainy and windy all day I dont think I missed anything.

I had a great time with my sister, it felt very self indulgent , as children there was a lot of competition between us and I was a horrible older sister but now we are very good friends.

And no we didnt do anything cultural, no Galleries, shows or museums were visited on this trip.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great to me! I have a younger sister too. She is in a nursing home but I would love it if I could spend time with her like you did with yours.
    Now that you're a Country girl, how did it feel visiting the big city? Did you feel out of place or did it make you realize what is real and important in life? I'll check back for your answer.
    Congratulations on the Organic Inspection.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fab day (agree with you on Covent Garden - it's only worth a visit for a Ben's Cookie).

    Glad the inspection went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do feel like a total hick when I am in London, or indeed any big city. My sister who did her nurse training at St Thomas's Hospital in the center of London, laughs at me even though its a long time since she lived there.

    ReplyDelete